Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Song From the Inside

I wrote a new song today.  I did not plan for it.  Guitar theme yielded vocalization of melody and then the doorway opened to some very powerful lyrics in a huge domain.  I won't leak it out at you today.  It's not ready.  Or, I'm not ready.  But it feels good to be alive with song still.  We sometimes worry whether we still "have it" but I do believe, most days, that we always do and we always will.  It takes some trust, but whenever I set foot in a song's direction these days, I find it.  My belief, for now -- there is a constant flow for artistic creation and expression around and through us.  It never ebbs.  We just have to know it's there -- to believe it's there -- to trust that it's there -- and step into it.  Maybe I won't always believe this -- but I think I will.  Let's see.

[this photo is not directly related to my post.  I found it today and thought I'd pop it in.  This is the first photo I know of with Ben holding a guitar.  He wouldn't start playing "for real" until he was 18, and now he's a champion of rhythm and creativity with it -- now his Pop's style at all -- and all the more gorgeous for it.]
     
Ben and Craig Werth, circa 1990

No comments:

Post a Comment