Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The World at 3:38 AM

I am awake and producing at 3:48 AM.  I can be awake at this hour on many nights/days but this time it's a particularly good thing.  I feel somewhat vibrant this morning.  I started reorganizing (aka "cleaning out giant piles of crap from") my studio at around 9:00 PM and I'm still rolling.  Thoughts for this morning:

1) I have a wonderful life.  There's plenty of challenge, believe you me, but when I take stock in all I have in the way of friendship and partnership and blessings of many other sorts, I feel lucky in huge ways.

2) I am as potent as I ever was.  I feel potent as a creator of art (music) and as a performer.  I can play things that I couldn't play at the age of 20, or 30 or 40... and I can write with a hard-won wisdom and humility that I didn't have before now.  I will fall off this high horse one day soon, for sure, but it's a good feeling in these wee hours of a day in April 2013.

It's 4:09 now.  I ought to consider slipping into bed with Lizzie and snagging an hour or two of rest.  Thanks for hanging in with me, Dear Reader.  You're the best.




No comments:

Post a Comment