Monday, April 1, 2013

Running, My Way.

     After more than a year and a half off, I started running again this week.  Well... I use the term loosely.  According to the directions from the app whispering in my ear, I run for a minute and walk for 90 seconds, eight times... but I will call this running.  For the efficiency of the term as well as the exaggerated glory in it.
     I know exactly when I stopped last time.  It was in Ireland in September of 2011.  I was there with David Francey and I found it too dangerous to run on the narrow roads.  Interesting how such a thing can derail me for 18 months, but that was the seed of my retirement as "a runner."
     I had run for about six months and I'd achieved that fabled condition -- actually wanting to do it.  Eager for it.  Mildly, mind you, but eager.  It was a lovely feeling and I hope to recapture it.  There is promise.  This time around I have a running partner.  Sadie Mae, the border terrier, is at my side, alternating modes with me all the way.  The leash tied to my waist is slack nearly the whole way as she keeps whatever pace is whispered at me from the directorial iPhone.  It's a good setup for me.  Mind you... I've had all of two episodes in this go-round... but I'm fairly confident I will post again on this subject.  With pride.

Post Run - Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment